Dr Philip D. Baazeng
Municipal Coordinating Director
The Central Administration Department is the secretariat of the Sunyani Municipal Assembly and is responsible for the provision of support services, effective and efficient general administration and organization of the Municipal Assembly. The Central Administration Department is headed by the Municipal Co-ordinating Director.
The Department is responsible for managing all sections of the assembly including; Records, Estate, Transport, Procurement, Accounts, Stores, Security, and Management Information Systems
The Department also coordinates the;
- General administrative functions
- Development planning and management functions
- Budgeting functions
- Rating functions
- Statistics and information services
MUNICIPAL PLANNING AND COORDINATION UNIT (MPCU)
Usama Iddrisu Samu
Municipal Planning officer
The MPCU is responsible for plan preparation, implementation, coordinatinon, monitoring, and appraisals of development plans of the Sunyani Municipal Assembly.It is headed by the Municipal Planning Officer.
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (M.I.S)
Emmanuel Kwame Adrie
Management Information Officer
The M.I.S Unit is responsible for the deployment of Information and Communication Technologies to increasing the Assembly’s operational efficiencies and enhancing ICT Governance.
Mr. Peter Nketia
Head, Budget Unit
The budget unit of the Sunyani Municipal Assembly has the responsibility to lead the preparation of Annual Budget Estimate.
The unit take the front lead in preparation of Fee Fixing Resolution for implemetation. The Unit also advises Management on the Revenue and Expenditure Management.
Mr. Mark Mbaye
Municipal Procurement Officer
The Procurement Unit is under the Central Adminstration of the Assembly. The Unit consist of people with deep understanding and knwoledge in procurement procedures at the public sector.
The core mandate of the unit is to coordinate all activities in the area of works, goods and services in accordance with the Procurement Act.
INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
Mr Joseph Baba Ayelya
Internal Audit officer
The mission of the Internal Audit Unit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
SCOPE OF INTERNAL AUDIT WORK
The scope of work of the internal audit unit is to determine whether the organization’s network of risk management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
1. Risk are appropriately identified and managed.
2. Interaction with the various governance groups occurs as needed.
3. Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
4. Employees’ actions are in compliance with polices, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
5. Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and protected adequately.
6. Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
7. Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the organization’s control process.
8. Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the organization are recognized and addressed properly.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SANITATION
Mr. Daniel Owusu Korkor
Municipal Environmental Health and Sanitation Officer
The Environmental Health and Management Department has the mandate to ensure that all factors that tend to have adverse effects on human health in the environment are brought under control. It therefore behoves the Environmental Health Department, with support from the Assembly, to ensure that this responsibility is executed in accordance with the Environmental laws.The purpose of the Environmental Health Department is to ensure the prevention of any hazard or negative impact the environment may have on man.The department is therefore to assess, correct, control and prevent those factors in the environment which can adversely affect the health of both present and future generations.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
a. THE FRONTLINE OFFICERS
The frontline officers of the Environmental Health and Sanitation are responsible for enforcing environmental health standards within the Sunyani Municipality.
The specific responsibilities of these officers are as follows:
1. Creating and maintaining a database on all premises of environmental importance to the metropolis.
2. Inspection of all premises identified for their state of sanitation and public health e.g. Domiciliary, Health care, Industries, Hospitality industries, Schools, Shops etc to ascertain as to their state of sanitation and necessary action taken for their remedy.
3. Monitoring environmental sanitation facilities and activities.
4. Compilation and reporting of problems requiring inter-sectoral collaboration.
5. Management of complaints.
6. Providing health education and promotion activities.
b. HOW TO ACHIEVE THE ABOVE
1. Serving on the central management Board.
2. Providing leadership direction to the sub teams.
3. Collating and analyzing data.
4. Identifying priority or generalizing problems.
5. Producing local plans of action.
6. Creating and maintaining a database on all premises of environmental health importance.
7. Monitoring environmental health activities in the metropolis. e. g. burial grounds, pet and pest control, poultry and livestock rearing.
8. Carrying out pre-inspection of facilities on behalf of the sub-metro for registration by EHMD and licensing by the Assembly.
9. Compilation and reporting of outcomes and problems requiring inter-sector collaboration.
10. Monitoring and management of complaints.
11. Planning health promotion activities in support of programmes being implemented.
12. Interpreting sanitation bye-laws to the general public.
c. SPECIALISED UNITS OF THE EHMD
Apart from the field and sub-metro officers, there are a number of other units within the EHMD whose responsibilities and line of command are outlined as follows:
1. ABATTOIR/SLAUGHTER HOUSE/ SLAUGHTER SLABS
They carry out post mortem inspection of carcasses and ensure healthy environmental conditions within the meat processing facilities.
2. THE MARKET SANITATION TEAM
staff are assigned to the market to ensure good sanitation and food hygiene and safety.
3.THE HOSPITAL SANITATION TEAM
Staff are assigned to the health care facilities to assist them put in place measures to address all environmental health conditions.
4.THE SEXTON AND HIS TEAM;
Are staff assigned to manage public cemeteries and ensure the proper disposal of the dead.
These are labourers pooled together and organized into a gang to provide services like grass cutting, desilting and other services that may arise.
6.THE PROSECUTION TEAM
staff assigned to the courts to ensure the prompt prosecution of sanitary offenders.
7.THE PORT HEALTH TEAM
Officers assigned to take care of environmental health problems and other public health problems at the Airport.
e. HOW THE PUBLIC CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES
The general public can access these services by contacting the Environmental Health and Sanitation office of the Assembly.